Electrical and Instrumentation Inspector (E&I)
Locations: Various Camp Projects AB, BC, SK (please include your location in your cover letter and on your resume (CV)).
Job Type: Full-time, either Employee of Contract
- React to the daily inspection needs and provide expertise in the inspection of a wide array of equipment and installations
- Resolve to the daily Quality Assurance (QA) issues as they arise and report issues to supervision / management as required
- Advise, assist and monitor the development and execution of the contractor’s quality plan and processes to ensure compliance with applicable provincial regulations and engineering codes
- Assist with contractor field Quality Control (QC) inspection organization, to ensure construction, operations and maintenance meets or exceeds required minimum quality standards and applicable codes
- Inspect installed equipment and ensure equipment and materials are ready for construction, maintenance and operations
- Ensure proper quality documentation records are in place
- Work with Construction Supervisors, Schedulers, Planners and Project QA regarding development and implementation of QA plans for E & I
- Inspect all vendor documentation to ensure compliance with inspection test plan and purchase orders/contracts
- Carry out final inspections to ensure compliance with project specifications
- Audit or evaluate existing/new vendor facilities
- Provide expertise in verifying through inspection, that engineering and construction deliverables meet Project standards
- Document issues by writing FTR’s (Field Trouble Request), CARs (Corrective Action Request), and NCRs (Non-Conformance Report)
- Promote quality awareness, continuous improvement to influence the overall success of the operation
- Electrical Technologist /Electrical Diploma (or Journeyman Industrial Electrician)
- Preference will be given to candidates with an Electrical Engineering Degree (APEGGA recognized)
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in electrical design of petrochemical facilities or commissioning and start up of same
- Above average understanding of CSA Electrical Code, IEEE and NFPA applicable codes
- Must have experience with designing for cold climate installations, including electric heat tracing.
- A good working knowledge and relationship with local electrical vendors and suppliers would be an asset
- Previous experience involving electrical power switchgear to 25kv, MV, LV electric motors and controls, electrical heat tracing, control systems and multi discipline issues for refinery/petrochemical applications
Application Information: Please submit your resume through our Apply Now Button. Shortlisted and data-based applicants will be contacted via phone call. This ad is intended to find applicants for future project consideration on vendor assignments. Do not call to see if qualifications are acceptable for position, please wait for call if selected.